American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration (ASHHRA) publications seek to support the ASHHRA mission by offering members information and tools that are forward thinking and relevant to their roles as health care human resource (HR) professionals.
Subject areas of particular interest to health care HR professionals include compensation, benefits, wellness, physician engagement, strategic planning, training, risk, recruitment, retention, labor relations, advocacy, management, succession planning, organizational development, financial management, business development, workforce issues, diversity, immigration, community citizenship, and other health care HR-related topics.
Step 1: Complete the online Call for Articles
After completing the Call for Articles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted.
Step 2: Submit the paper
Please observe the following guidelines for submitting your completed article:
- Manuscript must be no more than 1,500 words in length (for HR Pulse)
- Manuscript must be submitted electronically, as a Microsoft Word document (not a PDF)
- Include contact information: author’s name, title, organization, location, and how author can be reached (this will be included at the end of the article)
- Number the pages
- Include a brief biography.
All manuscripts undergo a review process, and there is no guarantee that a submission will be published. During the review process, authors are obliged to refrain from submitting the article to other publications or distributing it to others in any other written format. This restriction does not prevent authors from having their articles reviewed by others prior to submitting their manuscripts to the journal. This single-publication restriction terminates upon notification that the article has been rejected for publication in an ASHHRA publication.
To be accepted, articles must at least meet the following criteria:
- They are addressed specifically to our audience of health care HR professionals
- They are appropriate to the subject matter and consistent with the ASHHRA mission and vision
- They cover the subject/topic substantively and must have health care HR-related case studies or best practices
- They present new information or add a new slant to existing practices
- The information they contain is technically accurate
- They conform to the manuscript format set forth in these author guidelines.
All manuscripts accepted for a publication are subject to editing. Once accepted for publication, all articles become the property of ASHHRA and may not be reprinted or published elsewhere without the written permission of the author and ASHHRA.
One important author responsibility is to observe deadlines. Because we must coordinate the articles of numerous authors and meet a strict printing schedule, it is essential to commit to and meet the deadlines assigned. Other responsibilities for authors are as follows:
- Original articles must be submitted exclusively to ASHHRA for publication
- Your article may not contain advertising or marketing language
- You must supply the source of any material you quote.
|Quarter||Submission Due Date||Theme|
|Fall Conference Edition||June 14, 2013
Mails Aug. 28, 2013
|Winter Award Announcements||Aug. 16, 2013
Mails Nov. 27, 2013